Saturday, August 02, 2014

Saturday August 2nd

Joe and ! had a 2 day Raya break this year. On day 1 we visited Marina, Zurina and Badlil, and met Mustapha, Maheran and family and Razina and Family at Zurina's house. Am and Zaharah had gone off for a long trip to London, US and a cruise to Alaska. What a treat!!
Marina convinced me that I should read her RELUCTANT REQONTEUR. I did just that that night and found myself totally engrossed. Beginning with the Runaway Bridegroom. It fascinated me that I continued reading many, many more of her short essays. She writes well. Afterall she's an A student at St. Georges and Head Girl as well. So one would not be too surprised with her writing skill. And she has many stories to tell too, including a short film that Samad did of their very early days in London when they threw a Satay party for 6 at their equally small flat.
I decided that I must go back to my blog, which I have a habit of laying off for months!
So here goes!
SELAMAT HARI RAYA all.
A day before Raya Marina, Samad, Pui See, Joe and I went to visit Feroz's gravesite, then we proceeded to My father and mother and Samad's late mother.
It has become a ritual for us during Hari Raya. And since Feroz' passing almost 2 years ago, Joe and I have been regular visitors to his gravesite. We believe he will be happy to know our little gesture of love.
May they rest in peace, our loved ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home